Hahn Loeser's Green Committee formed in 2007 in an effort to make the firm an environmentally responsible workplace. While law firms generally do not pose as large a threat to our environment as some other industries, they do face their own unique challenges.
For example, the legal industry is second only to the publishing industry in
their consumption of paper.
Hahn Loeser understands the importance of treading lightly, and our Green Committee has been instrumental in helping the firm find that critical balance in our operations where we are able to reduce the firm's "footprint” while continuing to provide our clients with the best possible service.
In 2009, the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association recognized these efforts
by designating Hahn Loeser as "Green Certified."
Below are just some of the things we're doing to in our effort to "Go Green:”
- Installing energy-efficient, motion sensor capable lighting in our offices.
- Recycling all waste paper, as well as cans, bottles, other paper products, and toner cartridges.
- Substituting recycled paper whenever possible for printing, copying and faxing.
- Using recycled paper products and glassware in our kitchens and conference rooms.
- Employing eco-friendly janitorial services.
- Distributing internal directories and reports electronically.
- Making holiday greetings and other announcements available in an electronic format.
- Educating the firm's Marketing Department on the types of recycled paper and inks available for marketing materials, how to use paperless production systems, and the United States Post Office's mailing procedures, all of which reduce waste and further improve our recycling efforts.
- Setting computer monitors and printers on timers to turn off automatically in order to save energy.
- Encouraging employees to use public transportation or carpool via an incentive program.