Hahn Loeser has provided healthcare providers and institutions with proactive legal services for decades.
As trusted advisors, we bring to bear our knowledge of the business and regulatory climate in healthcare to assist clients in compliance strategies, legislative initiatives and assessing merger, affiliation and joint venture opportunities as well as providing traditional legal services.
In addition to individual physicians and practice groups, we have represented and structured numerous transactions for institutional health care clients including hospitals, hospital-physician joint ventures and management service organizations.
As a result, we have substantial experience in a broad range of issues affecting hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
Representative matters on which we have advised our clients include:
- Structuring of joint venture and affiliation arrangements for community and teaching hospitals, physician groups, and other entities involved in the delivery of healthcare
- Development and implementation of alternative healthcare delivery systems, including ambulatory surgical facilities, urgent care centers and preferred provider organizations
- Compliance with HIPAA Privacy Regulations, including structuring software-based healthcare applications
- Advice concerning construction of medical office buildings, including relationships with independent developers, leases for hospital-owned or controlled facilities and architectural and construction contracts
- Acquisition of physician practices and physician recruiting incentives
- Advice on medicare/medicaid, commercial and other third party issues, including fraud and abuse, stark issues and audits by both governmental and commercial payors
- Advice on physician-patient, physician-physician and healthcare institution-physician issues, including informed consent matters, contract negotiations and termination of medical staff privileges
- Compliance reviews of Articles of Incorporation, Codes of Regulations, Medical Staff By-Laws and Medical Staff Rules and Regulations
- Construction, renovation and equipment financing as well as secured and unsecured working capital financing
- Contracts for purchase and lease of computer equipment, software and support services, diagnostic imaging devices, and other state-of-the-art technology
- Advice concerning issues of private inurement
- Sophisticated executive compensation arrangements