Whether we are advising landowners and mortgagees on measures to minimize real estate investment liability, prosecuting or defending a private cost recovery action, or counseling and defending potentially responsible parties in Superfund cases, we strive to handle our clients' environmental issues effectively and efficiently.
Our core services include
- CERCLA and other environmental litigation; our environmental litigators have defended potentially responsible parties in numerous Superfund cases and private cost recovery actions across the country. We guide clients through the remediation process and attendant negotiations with state and federal regulators. We also handle the cost recovery negotiations, mediation and litigation
- Counseling clients on various compliance and liability management issues under the environmental statutes and regulations; we advise clients on measures to minimize potential liability under CERCLA with respect to real estate investments and estate planning
- Defending clients in federal and state environmental enforcement actions relating to solid and hazardous waste, permit violations, clean air, water and noise pollution; we have also defended water pollution, air pollution and noise pollution cases
- Representing both insurers and insureds in complex litigation relating to coverage for release or exposure to hazardous substances, asbestos, toxic materials and pollution
- Land Development; we guide land developers and owners and operators of industrial and commercial real estate through the regulatory maze of environmental laws. We help our clients anticipate the entire range of environmental issues that impact land development and use
Our attorneys are also well-versed in the vagaries of Ohio's Brownfields program. Participation in this program can provide a mechanism both to enhance the value of property through remediation and to provide environmental liability protection from the State of Ohio
-Underground Storage Tanks
We counsel our clients on the wide range of administrative and legal ramifications of underground storage tanks, including tank registration and financial assurance, retention of remediation contractors, negotiation with regulatory agencies, site assessments, site closures and site remediations, and the solicitation of "no further action" letters issued by the Bureau of Underground Storage Tank Regulation
We have significant expertise in a wide variety of issues relating to the existence, removal and disposal of asbestos-containing materials in buildings. Our litigation area's history in both personal injury and property damage asbestos product liability actions gives us substantial resources to solve other kinds of asbestos-related problems. We also regularly advise clients regarding compliance with various other environmental statutes and regulations pertaining to asbestos, such as the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) and the Asbestos-Containing Materials in Schools Rule.