Stanley R. Gorom III is a member of Hahn Loeser's board of directors and chairs the firm's Business Practice Area, overseeing a practice of more than 50 attorneys. He focuses his personal practice in general corporate, financing, real estate and gaming law.
Stan's experience with general corporate and finance practice focuses on middle market, privately-held companies, with in-depth experience in financing and related loan documentation for both borrowers and lenders. His business experience prior to joining Hahn Loeser includes positions with both the Mead Data Central Corporation and IBM. Representative corporate transactions include:
Representative financing transactions include:
- Outside general counsel to corporate entities throughout the country, including manufacturing and service entities.
- Leading legal teams in numerous acquisitions, mergers and sales of companies throughout the United States.
- Representing clients in various investments in entities in the Peoples Republic of China and throughout Southeast Asia, including establishing private equity funds and negotiating manufacturing and licensing agreements for manufacturing in the PRC.
Stan has experience in all phases of real estate acquisition, development and sale. Representative transactions include:
- Coordinating the purchase and subsequent sale, together with HUD-backed financing, of four nursing home facilities in the Greater Cleveland area.
- Representing a Chicago-area lender in various credit facilities for gas station owners.
- Representing a borrower in the issuance of multi-million dollar county-issued variable rate demand revenue bonds.
Stan's practice also includes the gaming industry experience, including managing the acquisition, licensing, ownership structuring, financing and operation of gaming venues. He is also knowledgeable in the preparation of gaming applications and the structuring of ownership interests. Additionally, Stan has served on the board of directors for a publicly-traded gaming corporation. Representative transactions include:
- Leading the acquisition and disposition of numerous sites throughout the United States for a Fortune 100 Company, including the sale and leaseback of its former corporate headquarters.
- Leading legal due diligence in site identification, acquisition, development and operation for more than 25 sites throughout Louisiana.
- Representing member of the board of directors in a $700 million family real estate portfolio.
Stan's community involvement includes the Cleveland Restoration Society, Catholic Charities Services Corporation and the Historic Warehouse District Development Corporation.
- Preparation of lobbying efforts in various states related to the creation and/or modification of gaming rules and regulations.
- Interaction with gaming regulators throughout the country to coordinate ongoing licensing reviews and applications.
- Serving as Trustee of various dynasty trusts that hold gaming or gaming-related assets.
Among his accomplishments, Stan is listed in the 2007 & 2010 editions of Ohio Super Lawyers, and is AV® Preeminent™ Rated by Martindale-Hubbell. Stan was also listed in the 2012 & 2013 editions of The Best Lawyers in America in the category of Real Estate Law.